Liver Specialists of Texas Turkey Stuffed Peppers:
Ingredients You Need:
– 1/2 pound 99% lean ground turkey
– 3 bell peppers, red
– 3/4 cup black beans, canned
– 3/4 cup corn, frozen
– 1 tomato, large and chopped
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
– 1/3 cup chicken broth, reduced-sodium
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
– olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise, removing seeds and stem. Place them on an oven-proof dish.
3. In a large skillet, add olive oil and brown the turkey.
4. After the turkey is browned, add onion, garlic, black beans, diced tomatoes, and cumin. Mix well, simmer on low, and cover for 15-20 minutes.
5. Add corn and simmer for 5 more minutes or until the liquid reduces.
6. Fill each pepper with 1/2 cup of mixture and 1/3 cup of chicken broth.
7. Cover peppers/dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes in the oven or until peppers are soft.
8. Remove foil and top with avocado, cilantro, jalapeno, or other desired toppings.